Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Intro

We bought a foreclosure almost 2 years ago, and have been fixing it up since.  This is our fourth such house, but it is by far the most ambitious project we’ve taken on to date.  I’ve been flooding friends and family with before and after pictures over the past 22 months, and I have had quite a few people ask me about my never-ending projects.  So, I’ve decided to put the internet to good use and start posting my projects here.  I’ll post projects in process, as I complete them, and also post completed ones to get everyone caught up with the projects that I’ve completed thus far, and work my way to the current and future ones.  

This format will work better as I can just send a link (or the tech-savvy can set up an RRS feed: *Scott*), and I can put more pictures in – including in process pics, not just before and afters.  In addition, I’ll submit some tips and tricks that I’ve discovered to help any other Weekend (and Week night) Warriors that may have happened onto this site.  

For instance, a few nights ago I was painting the new cabinet doors I built for the laundry room.  While painting Elizabeth asked me about my painting method, “why are you painting that section first?”  To which I replied “I’m not sure.  I paint them all somewhat differently, and I don’t know what the best way is until I’m done.”  Story of my life.  Or Life in Renovation, rather.  Once I’ve figured that out, I’ll put it here so at least I can come back and reference it, if I ever build cabinet doors again, which at this point is highly unlikely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment